The WPOM papers include advances and results of research articles. The goal is to produce capsules of knowledge: addressing a very specific subject, developed with an impeccable academic methodology, so that constitutes in itself a contribution to the area.
The opinions are a responsibility of the authors.
The aim of this publication is to facilitate the access to the academic debate of the fragments of research that subsequently will turn into other scientific projects. Thus they can cite and protect against plagiarism the ideas written in preliminary versions, without damage of being spread in other media or publications that the author considers to be suitable.
The aim of WPOM is to publish sections of theoretical and empirical articles related to Operations Management and Human Resources Management:
- · Assembly line Design
- · Production and operations management
- · Time study and work design
- · Transport routing optimization
- · Material Handling and Warehousing. Design and Operation
- · Production planning in distributed manufacturing
- · Continuous improvement tools (kaizen,TPM, JIT-KANBAN, TQM, POKA-YOKEs - KITTINGs, Value Stream Mapping y Factoría Visual, KARAKURI)
- · Performance measures in industrial settings
- · TeamWork
- · Continuous Improvement
- · Leadership
- · Participative Management
- · High Involvement Work Practices
- · Higher Education Teaching Innovation on Industrial Engineering and operations management
- · Lean Manufacturing
- · Logistics
- · Quality Management
- · Quantitative Methods
- · Operations Scheduling and Sequenzing
- · Corporate Social Responsability
- · Human Resource Management
- · Job design
The contributions can adopt quantitative or qualitative methodological approaches. WPOM selects the articles to be published with a double bind, peer review system, following the practices of good scholarly journals. WPOM is published six-monthly exclusively on-line, and following an open access policy. WPOM defends that open access publishing fosters the advance of scientific knowledge, making it available to everyone.
WPOM publishes articles in English and Spanish.